|DAYS OF OUR LIVES SUMMARY|
Friday, September 14, 2012
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. LINK ONLY!
Up by early afternoon September 13
SHOWDOWN AND SLOWDOWN ...
- At Horton house, rushing Jen calls out to Abigail that she is on her way out. A very pregnant Nicole waddles out of her room and nosily asks if she is seeing Brady. She had noticed them together earlier. Jen knows exactly what she is doing. And they are friends only! Nicole notes she can lean on him for support. Jen alludes to the fact that Nicole would rather she lean on anyone but Daniel! Nicole plays innocent but Jen is in a hurry to get to her new job. Nicole returns to the all important topic of Daniel. Jen assures her she already heard her request to give him space. Nicole mentions her playing unintentional mind games with him. Jen leaves in a huff. Alone, Nicole decides to make sure Jen keeps her distance from the good doctor ...
- Nasty Anne from Hospital HR has assigned a crummy basement office to Jen. Nurse Maxine voices her surprise, and she is not impressed. Dan, who is on duty today, accuses the woman of stabbing the fair widow in the back again by shoving her in the basement. He believes Anne is bitter she took the job she had vied for and he will simply not stand for it! Anne backs down when Dan warns her not to try and go against him and walks away. Nurse Maxine gives Dan the hero a triumphant look.
- Still outside at the town square gate, Chad decides he is telling Melanie ALL! Gabi is mortified. She laments she will hate her. Chad does not care but Gabi suddenly points out she will also know he was keeping this from her and how will Mel feel about that! Chad gets mad. Gabi adds Nick will always be an issue for Mel, especially now that he is staying in Salem and working at the pub. Chad is shocked to hear about his job at the Brady pub. Gabi haughtily informs him that Mrs. Brady hired him. She reasons that Mel needs all her friends now more than ever. Chad disagrees she is her friend but Gabi claims she is. She just made a mistake. She notes it would destroy Mel to hear how Chad withheld things from her, too.
Chad exclaims she ruined everything by hiring Andrew to stalk her. Gabi exclaims she just wanted him to notice her and wishes he had made it clear that he was not interested. None of this would have happened if he had told her he was not into her!
- Maggie hugs Mel at the Kiriakis mansion and assures her the ring is beautiful. Mel giggles and hopes she will help plan the wedding. Maggie humors her. They can figure things out together, of course. Mel notices her less than thrilled demeanor. The redhead just wants to be sure this engagement is for the right reasons. Mel gets defensive, insisting it has absolutely nothing to do with Nick. She and Chad are in love! Maggie reminds her how she reacted when she ran into Nick but Mel denies it. She pouts she just wants her happily ever after. Chad is nothing like a DiMera. Maggie states that was not her concern. Mel hastily adds she called mama Carly, who was thrilled, and she and Melís brother will
come out for the wedding. Maggie calls that wonderful. Mel wishes she would be happy for her. Maggie weeps and hugs her. She swears she is happy and they will have great fun planning her perfect wedding. When is Carly coming? Mel admits she does not have her schedule yet. She will go see her in Europe first, though she knows not when. She and Chad will have a long engagement and the date has not been set. Maggie is relieved to hear it and assures her granddaughter she has her full support. They exchange I love yous and a tearful embrace. Mel flounces out like a girl in a trance and promises to call. Maggie thanks God she is not in a rush to
tie the knot.
- At the coffee house, Sonny gets Will a coffee as Will smiles at him from his seat at the counter. Sonny wonders what else T mentioned about him. Will admits he did say there was someone else he was interested in.Sonny realizes T said he was interested in him. Will explains he also said that Sonny believed he was not interested in him. But he is wrong! He was messed up at the time he kissed him and later returned to share his true feelings ... Sonny concludes then he saw him with Brian. Will admits he messed things up and flashes back to his tryst with Gabi. He now gets back to his explanation and informs Sonny when he saw him with Brian, he feared he was out of his league. He is sorry and hopes he can forgive him. Sonny stares.
- Rafe is at his desk trying unsuccessfully to force all thoughts of Sami from his mind. No luck there. He shuts his eyes after flashing back to kissing Sami, almost sends the water cooler flying as he stands up, and sees Brady in the doorway. Brady solemnly asks what is the matter. Rafe exclaims he is an idiot. He sits down and Brady sits across from him, wanting to help. Rafe sighs it is about Sami. They kissed. Brady becomes baffled. Was that a bad thing? Rafe paces the room, exasperated, calling Sami crazy, reckless, and impulsive. Brady understands and assumes he
is done with her. Rafe insists he is! However, he used to be married to
her and cannot allow her to self-destruct with EJ the jerk. Those two are toxic together. Brady wonders whether they are an item. Rafe does not know but he does not want to get involved. Brady believes he already is. Rafe claims the kiss meant nothing. Brady sarcastically agrees he does
not care about her. Rafe snaps of course he cares and that is the problem!
- Love struck EJ thinks Sami looks beautiful and is ready for their big date. She drops a bombshell. She cannot go out with him tonight! She sighs and he tries to escort her out for his wonderful surprise. Sami will not budge and is no longer affected by his charm. She fibs that she forgot Ally has a school project. EJ is convinced she is lying. He wants to know if this is because of Rafe. "Yes!" she sighs. He showed up and warned
her she was making a mistake. EJ is miffed and would like to know what she said to him.
- Nicole shows up at the Kiriakis mansion to speak with a somewhat surprised Maggie. She pretends she wanted to thank her for offering to
put her up in her home. She is also there out of concern for Jennifer. Maggie suspiciously wonders why. Nicole replies the fair widow is under pressure. and yet she went back to work at the hospital. Nicole calls it impulsive and suggests the stress might be too much for her fragile state. Maggieís eyes narrow. Just what does she think she should do? Nicole innocently advises her to take Jennifer out of town for a much needed getaway. In fact, the sooner the better!
- Jen has arrived for her first day back on the job. Maxine greets her warmly at the nurseís station and updates her on Danís showdown with Anne from HR. He heroically intervened when she wanted to stick her in the basement. Jen is not pleased to hear it. Maxine gets to her rounds.
Dan approaches and uncertainly welcomes Jen back. Jen quips she
wishes he had not done what he did cos she can take care of herself!
- At the coffee house, Sonny stands up and teases Will for seeking his forgiveness. Will stands up too and agrees. Sonny laughs but for what?
It was a misunderstanding. They sit together at a table and agree they have it all figured out. Will wonders what they should call ... this. Sonny assures him there is no need for labels. They should focus on slow. Will likes slow. They smile. Sonny takes his hand over the table. It is the first gesture and a significant one for the happy pair.
- Brady frowns and asks Rafe if his sister knows he cares about her.
Rafe is admittedly not sure of anything. According to him, nothing really changed. She has not called or even texted him. Perhaps EJ and Sami are out having the time of their lives. Then the kiss meant nothing to her and sure as hell not to him! He gathers he things and walks out.
- Sami stammers Rafe did most of the talking. EJ snaps she should not have listened. She quietly states she had no choice. EJ snaps she chose to let him in. Sami points out they used to be married so she was not about to slam the door in his face. There is no need for him to be angry with her. EJ apologizes and acknowledges he might be acting unfair. She and Rafe shared a family and he has an investment. However, he should have spoken to him directly. He reminds her that Rafe wants to spend his time now with Nicole and his baby. He, however, wants to spend time with Samantha, who confesses she is no longer in the mood. EJ is sorry. He suggests they do it another time and gives her a hopeful look. Sami appears lackluster. He blinks and woefully walks out without looking back, then angrily keeps going. This is far from over ...!
Read Part 2 with EJ vs. Rafe and more... click here!
|SCROLL DOWN FOR DAYS OF OUR LIVES SUMMARY
to read all the happenings in Salem on Friday, September 14