|DAYS OF OUR LIVES SUMMARY|
|DAYS WILL NOT AIR ON MONDAY
TUESDAY SUMMARY WILL BE POSTED
EARLY MONDAY AFTERNOON :)
Friday, August 31, 2012
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. LINK ONLY!
posted August 30 circa 2:30 pm eastern
NOW OR NEVER!
- Mel tosses and turns in Chadís big bed, then dreams of once upon a
time when she discovered Nick was her stalker, how he tried to abduct her. She thinks she wakes up to battered and bruised Nick begging her to help him, then wakes up for real with a blood curdling scream! Knock knock! Tis Brady. She hugs him like a frightened child. He wants to sit and discuss her present situation. She makes light of it. Brady presses. The mere thought of Nick being paroled seems to terrify her but she claims it is actually the thought of what will happen if he is not paroled that troubles her more! She complains Chad is pushing her to write a victimís letter to the parole board. Brady seems to agree with the notion. Mel reasons what if something happens to him in prison! Brady dismisses it. She needs to take care of herself and she is not in good shape. Mel is torn and starts to babble the way she does when she is nervous.
- Dan finds Maggie at the town square, anxious to talk. Mel is clear on
the Nick mess but he has a favor ... Maggie agrees to give his pal a place to stay, as per his message, but Dan is not finished yet. Maggie now
learns he would like none other than Nicole to move into the mansion. The redhead agrees to help her son. He is grateful and assures her it will not be forever. However, Victor might have a fit. The redhead smiles she can handle with her stubborn Mediterranean husband. They hug and he thanks her profusely.
- Nicole is standing outside the pub, reading the letter about the parole board hearing for Nick. She simply does not care, then spies Jen and Abe hugging through the pub window. She is dismayed the fair widow is back already! Inside, Jen laments to Abe she has been packing up Jackís things and could not ask poor Abigail to help. It all seems so surreal. First Lexie, now Jack. Outside, Nicole gets an idea. A devious one to score points
with Dan. She gleefully tells her baby bug that the good doctor will have to hear about this! Inside Jen mentions Abeís messy mayoral campaign and Nicole enters with an apology about how ugly it got. She claims this has been weighing heavy on her mind (though she does not mean a word of it). She hopes Jen cleared her head on her trip. Jen is alright and thanks her for the flowers. Nicole now seeks a moment alone with Abe. Jen
gives them their privacy. Kayla, who is working at the bar, suspiciously wonders what that is all about. The two women both watch and wait. Nicole apologizes to Abe for playing dirty and admits it was worse than usual. He does not disagree. She insists he should really be the mayor instead of EJ and for that she is sorry. They embrace. Jen observes at a distance, a frown on her face. Nicole insists she is sincere. For Brandonís sake, she does not want this to get in their way. Abe sighs and explains
his life is different now, as he no longer has Lexie or a job. He does not intend to dwell on what he does not have. And yes, they can move on. Nicole hugs him again, blinks away a few tears, and departs. Kayla
comes out from behind the bar and has something to say to Jen. Her and Steveís divorce has been set in motion. The papers are being drawn up
as they speak. Jen whispers she is so sorry. Kayla feels it is for the best. Jen hugs her.
- Chad pays Abigail a visit at the house, hoping he can force the grieving girl to choose between Mel and her family. She is surprised as they knew not Nick was up for parole. What does he mean exactly by her choosing? Chad explains Mel should not be reminded of Nick. The parole hearing
is today and he wants her to write a letter to the parole board. He now implores Abigail to convince her to do it and fast! She would rather not
get in the middle. Chad tries harder without success. She loves Mel but refuses to take sides.
- Hope pays Nick one last visit in prison. It is the last day for the parole hearing and they are BOTH here to talk some sense into him. Nick stares at the woman who emerges. "Mom!" Mother and son share an emotional embrace. She gives him the letters she and his grandmother have written to the parole board on his behalf. She is upset Hope told her he might not try to get out and sadly asks him to come home, where he belongs! He loves his mom. Hope urges him to fight for his release. He argues this is not only about him. Hope is exasperated. What about his mother? He
does not belong in here!
- Outside, Nicole tells her baby that felt good and she hopes Daniel will find out about her gesture towards Abe ...
- Brady consoles Mel with a hug. Jealous Chad returns."What the hell is goin on!"
- Abe is sympathetic about Kaylaís divorce. She puts on a brave face, thanks her friends for their support, and goes to the kitchen. Jen and Abe discuss Nicoleís bizarre apology. Abe suspects she was probably being sincere, though one never knows. However, forgiveness is easier than a grudge, as it heals. Lexie was keen on it. Jen smiles as she remembers. Abe notes she made him a better man. Doing what he did today gave
him piece of mind Life is too short for anger and resentment. The widow Jen woefully agrees. Abe wants to appreciate things and move forward. Jenís eyes flicker when she hears about moving forward.
- Nicole arrives at the hospital, where Dr. Dan is presently on duty.
- Chad is sorry he overreacted. Mel admits she had a nightmare. Chad offers Brady his heartfelt condolences about Madison. Back to Mel. The two guys are on the same page that Nick should stay in jail. Mel is miffed and calls them overbearing. Chad is sorry. Mel points out this should be her decision. Chad loves her and is worried. She loves him too but this is her decision. Chad insists she is not ready for Nick to be out as she has not healed. Brady second the notion. Chad adds as long as Nick is on the outside, she will not be able to heal!
- Nick would like to speak with Hope alone so his mother woefully steps out to splash water on her face. Nick is not impressed she brought in his mother and thinks it was unfair. She snaps she is not trying to be fair!
- Abe sips coffee at a table with Kayla and wonders about her plans. She was offered a position at the hospital. He thinks it would be good for her to accept, and get her mind off the divorce. He looks into her eyes ... Abigail interrupts the almost moment, upset to hear that Kayla and
Uncle Steve are getting a divorce. They were together when they spread her daddyís ashes. Kayla assures her that her Uncle Steve will be alright. Abigail stares numbly and wonders how things can be fine if they are both alone. How?
- Nicole is about to put the parole board letter in the trash, then shoves it in her bag when Dan reappears. She approaches him, innocently claiming she was there for a prescription refill. She informs him how worried she
is about Nick getting parole. He sighs the matter is out of his hands. She thinks she can do something, as a PR expert. Why, she could get a media firestorm going with her contacts. Dan pauses. She insists she has the resources. He is grateful but does not want to ask her to do that. She gets tears in her eyes and tells him she would do anything for him!
- At the mansion, Victor is elated he is having a most profitable morning and suggests a lavish meal with his wife, who has just made her grand entrance. The redhead is glad and has a favor for Daniel to ask. The Greek tycoon pours himself a cup of coffee in a porcelain mug. What does he need? Maggie admits it is quite complex. And so the clash of
the Titans begins ...!
Read Part 2 with Victor/Maggie battle, Nick's
decision, Mel's letter, and more ...!
|SCROLL DOWN FOR DAYS OF OUR LIVES SUMMARY
to read all the happenings in Salem on Friday, August 31