|DAYS OF OUR LIVES SUMMARY|
Friday, September 21, 2012
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. LINK ONLY!
Up by early afternoon September 20
- Sami and Rafe are at the town square, where she asks him to speak the truth. Has he moved on? He mumbles he thought they were done, that he could not overcome her cheating with EJ. But now he does not know. Sami hopefully suggests they find out by talking over diner. No pressure. Rafe laments he feels she is asking more than he can give. She concedes she is pushy but all she wants is dinner. She offers to cook. He makes a snide remark about her cooking not being a good sell so she offers to treat him. He asks why. She gazes at him and explains she wants to do it for him, for them. Rafe woefully states there is no them. She brings up the fight again, how he defended her. He claims it was nothing. Sami refuses to give up, her eyes shining brightly. She yearns to talk to him and is sure he wants the same.
- At Horton house, a very pregnant Nicole is napping on the couch. She
is also having a nightmare about her baby, whom she admires and calls Daniel Rafael, an admitted mouthful. She coos about his daddy. Without any warning, EJ sits beside her and leers it is their baby. He has her in a friendly headlock and pats his son. Nicole wakes up with a start and talks to her baby. She assures him she will make sure EJ does not find out he
is his father. There simply must be a way! She folds cute baby clothes
and gets back to the issue at hand. Things are not looking promising,
what with Jen the bitch who is probably snooping around at the hospital. She gets a pain and complains the widow believes she is using Rafe and Daniel. She gets a baby kick and gasps that hurt, then starts to feel sorry for herself about people not believing she and Rafe could have made a baby together. Pause. But a picture is worth a thousand words!
- Adrienne approaches Maggie at the coffee shop and cheerfully asks
how she is. She is meeting little Mel for a wedding dress fitting that Adrienne suggested. The redhead snarls it is a flying leap to disaster and Adrienne encouraged her! Adrienne is baffled. Maggie now shares her view that her granddaughter is heading into this marriage for the wrong reasons. Nearby, Sonny leaves an anxious message for Will. He is not clear on why he cancelled and hopes to hear back from him as soon as possible ...
- Chad leaps into his place with another colorful bouquet of flowers for Mel, who is not there. No note either. He wonders where she could be. He texts her and then realizes she left her phone there. He curses.
- At the gate, surrounded by benches and shrubs and flowers and trees, Nick and Mel come face to face. She announces she wants them to talk about everything, though her young eyes are filled with worry.He informs her he does not want to make her uncomfortable. She frowns her worry about him has been taking over her existence and so it has to end now!
He feels badly she has been stressed and points out that if not for the conditions of his parole, he would not be in Salem. She just wants to get over what happened with Andrew. He understands and concludes she is facing her demon now. What would she like to know? Whether it is true that he has changed! Nick stares.
- Will is with Marlena at a table in the pub. She notes his silent phone indicates someone called. He, however, is in no hurry to answer any call or message. She notes he is tense and he does not deny it. But he would rather not discuss the young man on his mind again. She assumes the young man is the problem but Will laments he overheard someone saying HE was not good enough and that is the problem.
- At the town square, EJ is busy with his phone, Billie wishes him a cheery hello so he wishes her a cheery goodbye. She brings up his fight with Rafe. She does not want the kids to end up caught in the crossfire. He assures her his fighting days are over and she slyly wonders whether he has given up on Sami. He grins uncomfortably.
- Nicole is looking through pictures and finds one of outdoorsy Rafe. She kisses it.
- EJ politely wonders why Billie cares about Samanthaís love life. Billie recounts that she broke her brothersí hearts repeatedly. A frown creases EJís brow. Austin is across the ocean, and she and Lucas are over. Billie reminds him that Sami scorned is bad news. EJ drawls he heard the same about her! Billie leers Sami is looking for the daddy she never had, the
one EJís father took away. She smugly adds Sami wants a white knight and EJ does not fill those shoes. She suspects that one will keep her options open and waltzes off.
- Rafe tells Sami the answer is no. He will see her later. Sami sighs as he walks away. Rafe stops and turns around, gazing at her with puppy dog eyes.
- Adrienne gets herself a coffee and explains to Maggie that she married young too but it felt like a long wait. She has no regrets The redhead thinks it is more complex with Mel. She is impulsive and Chad is pushing her. Adrienne realizes she thinks he wants to protect her. Just like her. Adrienne can relate to being an over protective mother. She recalls how her sons were when she tried to steer them in a direction. The more she pushed, the more they resisted. Maggie notes girls are the same. Sonny listens nearby as Adrienne muses one must let kids run their own lives. She sighs about taking her own advice. Maggie thanks her for the helpful conversation. Adrienne admits it helped her see things clearly too. The redhead goes to meet her granddaughter. Sonny sits with his mom and teases he overheard what she said. He assumes she wants to apologize to his brother for criticizing his tattooed girlfriend, but she woefully replies she needs to apologize to him and Will!
- Chad paces, looks out the window, and glances at the old article about Nick. He takes off.
- Nick assumes Mel is asking if he is still attracted to her. Mel admits she led him on and is sorry. He insists it was his fault but the pills made him a different person. He is a changed man and is determined to make a new life for himself. He advises her to do the same and leave the past in the past. Of course, that would mean she would need to trust what he is saying. Can she do it? Mel stares like a lost child.
- Marlena snaps at Will not to talk like that. He should be proud of who
he is. He laments he always messes up. He is just like his mom. Marlena laughs she raised her so she really must have messed up. Will says no. She thinks he did not either. She patiently points out he is still trying to figure things out and he is only eighteen. He has come far these past few months and should not define himself by his parents. He is smart and funny. He wishes he was as confident but admits things are not okay in his head. He glumly suspects they never will be.
- Using her iphone, Nicole takes a picture of herself in bed under the sheets, then gets to the computer to photoshop shirtless Rafe into the scene.She has Eric to thank for introducing her to the wonderful world of photoshop. The photo is complete and appears to show a naked Rafe and Nicole smiling in bed together. Nicole is mighty pleased with herself. The next step is to make sure the right person sees it Ö
- Sami sighs she has ruined everything and curses. Rafe starts to return, flashing back to what she said. He approaches her. ďDinner. Once, thatís all. Iíll make the reservations. Iíll be in touch.Ē He walks away. Sami takes off in a hurry to get ready.
- Mel asks about Nick wanting to cancel his parole because of her. It is indeed true. She muses the old Nick would not have given up 18 months of his own life all because she is fragile. Nick assures her she is not fragile. She agrees he is right. He suspects she still has her doubts about what he is saying, however.
- Chad storms into the pub looking for Nick. The girl clearing the table
has no idea where he is and hopes Chad does not want to get into it with him again. Chad exclaims he was stalking his girl. The waitress shares she saw him going out for a walk but has not seen Mel.
- Marlena informs Will that if he does not love himself, how can he expect someone to love him? He knows he cannot. She teases she was eighteen once and there was a cute guy who only sometimes asked her out. There will always be people with whom one does not agree. Will sighs. She asks a favor. She tells him to return that phone call. He is amused by her persistence. She implores her stubborn grandson to do it for her!
- Adrienne confesses to Sonny that she said things and did not realize
Will was there. Sonny angrily asks what she said. That he was not good enough. Sonny snaps that is why he canceled their date and goes off to locate him ...
- Mel babbles about Maggie not even being sure he was ready for parole. However, Maggie knew he deserved a chance. Nick wonders about Melís feelings on the matter. She admits she was fearful but is now okay with it. She just had to stop looking over her shoulder and giving him power over her. He assures her that is the last thing he wants. She realizes it is true and wishes him only the best. He wishes her the same. They shake on it and she emotionally excuses herself to meet Maggie for the fitting. Nick sits down with a sigh, then realizes she left her scarf behind. He picks it
up and calls after her but she is long gone. However, someone else soon finds him, much to poor Nick's grave misfortune ...
Read Part 2 with Chad attacks, Sonny kisses, Sami freaks and more ... click here!
|SCROLL DOWN FOR DAYS OF OUR LIVES SUMMARY
to read all the happenings in Salem on Friday, September 21